School Field Trips & Youth Programs
We love bringing youth into nature!
School Board Approved Vendor
Kinder to College & University
Four Seasons of Learning & Fun!
Screened Team Members
PA DAY CAMPS
Join Deep Roots Adventure and the Haliburton Highlands Museum for some PA Day fun!
Where: Haliburton Highlands Museum
When: Nov 25, Feb 3, Mar 3, Jun 2
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Pre-registration is required.
School aged children welcome, up to age 12. Each day that we run a PA Day Camp will be packed with learning, fun and adventure! We fully take advantage of the forest, trails, field and of course the awesome museum!
Take advantage of special pricing when you enroll multiple youth, or enroll for all four available camp dates!
SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS
Fully Mobile & Customizable
Our team has provided awesome experiences for schools and youth organization in Provincial Parks, Conservation Areas, Camps, Museums and Schools all over South East Ontario, even into Quebec! We are fully mobile so we can come to a wild area near you – or your students can travel to our area. (Algonquin South Gate/Haliburton Highlands)
We work within your budget to achieve your goals, curriculum based or other, such as leadership, communication, teamwork and fun!
Fill out this form and we will contact you to discuss your request.
Every one of our programs is unique because we take the time to customize it for the client. Whether we are taking a Kinder class for a snowshoe in a nearby park, or running a teambuilding day for a group of youth Rangers, we strive to meet your goals for learning and personal growth.
Some things that we have done in the past (and can do again) include:
- Wilderness hikes with curriculum based themes and learning
- Learn to Camp Programs
- Youth Teambuilding and Leadership Training
- Backpacking Trips
- Duke of Edenborough trip planning assistance and training
- Day Camps
- Special Guest/Expert appearances for camps and colleges
- Camp Councilor hard and soft skills training pre or during camp
- Themed fun days for youth organizations such as a paddleboarding day, canoe/kayak paddling day, geocaching etc.
If it is within our skill set and we have the equipment we can make it happen! Come to us with special requests, or if you have goals and would like us to come up with some ideas.
We work within your class timelines. Simply provide us with what your normal schedule is and we will ensure that the class or groups normal break and meal times are kept.
We can work in many different formats, depending how many teachers, TAs and/or volunteers are available for ratio.
Having us come to a wilderness space close to your organization means less time on the bus, and more time with us! This is particularly nice for the smallest students.
What about Budget
Because this is a small company, I can work with each school individually to ensure we can create an amazing experience to meet your needs and wants within your budget.
We are happy to provide program outlines for funding applications, and can work with you to ensure that youth with families affected by economic stress are still able to participate.
What About The Weather?
We will provide a list of what to wear and bring, but classes should take a look at the weather the day before to ensure they dress properly. As weather is so changeable, and is often predicted differently one day to the next, we ask that you don’t look at it too far in advance.
We go rain, shine or snow unless it is scheduled to downpour/sleet/freezing rain all day, or if there is a very high risk of Thunderstorm. In this case we will work closely with your team lead to reschedule or move indoors if appropriate and available.
- Q. Are there biting insects? A. Yes. They are the most present early in the spring, after Mother’s Day into June. Not as many through summer, and almost none in the early fall. We recommend that youth bring parent approved insect repellant, and wearing long, loose, light coloured layers and/or bug jackets to make bug season more enjoyable.
- Q. What geographical area do you serve? A. Our home base is in the Haliburton Highlands, but we can serve any school or organization in Southern Ontario or the Western border area of Quebec. When our team travels further than 2 hours to your area we will spend the night and it does affect the cost, but certainly not as much as bussing students that far.
- Q. Can you provide programs for youth with special needs? A. Yes! We work with the support team to provide awesome, safe & assessible programs. We will let you know if there are any limitations due to the geography etc.
- Q. Are support animals welcome? A. Yes.
2021 saw the first official National Day of Truth and Reconciliation. We want to be proactive, and are taking steps to always be learning, to DO SOMETHING. A great place to start on the path of learning and action is The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund. They have a great list of reconciliACTIONS you can take! A reconciliACTION is a meaningful action that moves reconciliation forward.
ReconciliACTIONs aim to bring Indigenous and non-Indigenous people together in the spirit of reconciliation to create awareness, share, and learn. It is the answer to Gord’s call to ‘Do Something’; do something to raise further awareness, do something that improves the lives of Indigenous people, do something that improves the relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people. ReconciliACTIONs act as the catalyst for important conversations and meaningful change, recognizing that change starts with every one of us and each person can make an impact.
In honour of this we pledge to donate 10% of our fee from each and every school group that we work with moving forward to this important Fund.
Every Child Matters.
The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund is part of Gord Downie’s legacy and embodies his commitment, and that of his family, to improving lives of First Peoples in Canada. In collaboration with the Wenjack Family, the goal of the Fund is to continue the conversation that began with Chanie Wenjack’s residential school story, and to aid our collective reconciliation journey through a combination of awareness, education, and action.