High Falls Paddle, Explore & Dine
Check our our most popular guided adventure!
4071 Elephant Lake Road, Harcourt, ON
$50 Children/$119 Youth/$139 Adults
Wed/Sat - 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
Departs Wed/Sat 10:30 am
From 4071 Elephant Lake Road.
Custom dates and private group events are available! This day trip is a wonderful team building and bonding activity for work, family or friends!
Please note that a minimum 48 hour pre-registration is required.
Details & Itinerary
This 5 hour guided adventure will have you paddling up the York River into Algonquin Park in your watercraft of choice (kayak, canoe or paddleboard) and then hiking up the gorgeous boulder-strewn banks of the York River past rapids and waterfalls until you get to High Falls! There guests can enjoy time and an around the waterfall and a sumptuous meal provided by our partners AM/PM Outdoor Gourmet! After lunch and time with the water we will hike and paddle back to the Outpost.
- 10:15 am – Group meets at Deep Roots Adventure to sign waivers and be outfitted with safety equipment.
- by 10:45 – Group departs from dock.
- 3:30 pm approximate return time from trip.
What You Should Bring
- Weather appropriate clothing for paddling and hiking
- Sturdy hiking shoes for portion on foot
- Refillable water bottle
- Bug Repellant (esp. in spring)
- Bathing Suit/Towel
- Small Bag for transporting items
- *Sunblock, bug repellant, sunglasses and other things are available in our retail shop.
What About The Weather?
You should check the weather the day before to ensure you dress appropriately. As weather is so changeable, and is often predicted differently one day to the next, we ask that you don’t look at it too far in advance. We go rain or shine unless it is scheduled to downpour all day, or if there is a very high risk of Thunderstorm. Talk to our team if you have any concerns.
- Q. Are there biting insects? A. Yes. They are the most present early in the spring, after Mother’s Day into June. Not as many through summer, and almost none in the early fall. We recommend finding an insect repellant that you like, and wearing long, loose, light coloured layers and/or bug jackets to make bug season more enjoyable.
- Q. Is this an appropriate trip for beginners? A. Yes! This is a great trip for beginners!
- Q. Is this trip not recommended for anyone? A. Yes, if you have knee or hip problems, injuries etc., this trip may be uncomfortable for you as we hike over roots and rocks and it is very uneven.
- Q. Can I bring my pet? A. Yes. So long as your animal is well behaved, used to people and the water, and can be kept on a leash they are welcome. We reserve the right to refuse any animal that we think may cause issues for the group.
Check out our events calendar for all pre-scheduled guided hikes (in hikers or snowshoes), guided day trips, workshops and other events! You can also check out the tabs below for more information on our pre-scheduled hikes and events, maps and to book!
Pre-registration is required for all guided day trips and events.
You can book a custom workshop or guided day trip for your group any time if we have equipment and guides available. Please email us with custom inquiries at email@example.com